Over 90% of survivors rated their SAFE-T System care as “excellent” or “very good”
Survivors of sexual assault often fear they won’t be believed, they will be judged or blamed, and that they won’t have control over what happens. Trauma-informed care focuses on alleviating those fears, placing a high priority on empowering the patient and providing emotional support. The SAFE-T model relies on feedback from patients to continually improve care quality.
- 83% of sexual assault survivors described that they felt believed after telehealth examination
- When asked whether participants thought their telehealth consultation improved the quality of care they received, the average score is 4.35/5
- 88-100% of participants describe having a pre-examination worry, but did not actually experience those worries during examination
“I really felt approved and loved by everyone. They really helped me and were very supportive. I felt like they knew me and understood me. They didn’t judge or question me about things I did not feel comfortable talking about.”
What does quality care look like?
When it comes to a sexual assault forensic examination, what does a good exam experience look like?
- From the moment you arrive, you are believed.
- You receive timely, compassionate care.
- Health care providers and nurses caring for you are trained in conducting sexual assault forensic examinations.
- A community-based advocate is there to support you for all parts of the exam.
- Every step of the exam is explained, and you have choice and control throughout.
- Your privacy, health, safety, and emotional well-being are a priority.
- With your consent, a thorough and complete exam is conducted with proper evidence collection and documentation.
- Options for prevention of sexually transmitted infection and pregnancy are discussed and offered.
- You leave feeling confident about the care you received.
Healing begins at the point of care. SAFE-T System enhances equitable access to expert, telehealth-enabled SANE care so that every survivor, regardless of economic status, race, or location, can receive high-quality, respectful care.
Want to work with us?
We’re looking for new partners!
Partnership opportunities are available for a select number of hospital sites. Sign up for our webinar to learn about opportunities to work with us.